4.25.2010

Early Tim Burton

Tim Burton certainly has his die hard fans, die hard haters. I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle. I think he's certainly an auteur of sorts and this first short film of his Vincent proves just that. It's clear that his trademark dark, whimsical style has been there from the beginning. I actually like this short quite a bit, like some of his other early stuff, which proves what I've said lately. That being, I think he's gotten a little too big budget for his own good. With the budget to do whatever he wants, he ironically just continues doing the same thing. A smaller budget would force some much needed ingenuity out of him. Anyways, check this early work out and see if you agree.

Tim Burton & Rick Heinrichs - Vincent (1982)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Please do your best to support the artists you find here. We're all in this together.
Are you an artist who has content here or would like to? Email -7-2-S- to add or remove your art.

Copyright © [seven].second.(spectrum)